Saturday, January 7, 2012

Malaysia - Chinatown Boutique Hotel

Stayed for 4 nights starting from 11 December 2011. Paid 34 USD ++ per night for a double room. Booked the hotel on net.

The hotel is located within Chinatown and very near to places of interest such as Central Market, Merdeka Square and KL Sentral.

Due to my luggage, I went there by budget taxi from KL Sentral and paid 12 RM. The taxi will emerge at the other end of Jalan Hang Lekir and will turn right at the middle of the road. You need to alight from this intersection and continue walking up to the end of this street. The hotel is brightly painted by three colors so it is easy to find and locate.






The lobby is small with few chairs for the guests.


Upon check-in, you need to pay 50 RM deposit and refundable upon check-out. Once you have checked-in, the friendly guy at reception will give you 2 remote controls for A/C and TV.



The hotel lobby though small was quite clean. However, the small elevator was obviously quite old. More so, the hallway going to my room on first floor was a bit gloomy and has grumpy carpet. I was a bit disappointed initially because I was expecting a newly refurbished hotel according to their advertisement.

Surprisingly, when I have entered my room, my disappointment turned to excitement. The room was definitely newly refurbished, in my opinion. The flooring was made of polished granite slabs. The walls were brightly painted in contrast to the gloomy hallway. The bed was comfortable and the TV was working with cable channels. I have watched a daily James Bond reruns on HBO. WIFI connection was OK and fast.

ROOM SHOTS



towels have seen their days; strong smell of bleach can be noticed.

2 bottles of complimentary mineral water, tea and 3-in-1 coffee mix are being replenished daily. A/C was working fine so as the TV and shower water heater. Card type entry for the room making it more secured and efficient since all power will be OFF once you have removed your card from the card socket.

Night view of the hotel


Street view from my room


I had a great street view on the first floor. There were times when hunger pangs occur during midnight, I simply checked the street from my window looking for any open convenience store. 7-eleven didn't disappoint me. Another convenience store was open 24/7 just outside my hotel.

The hotel was not only competitively priced but the location was also great. Breakfast was not available but you can dine at Tang City. I even tried their economy rice at the entrance. 2 veggie and 1 meat plus rice costs 5 RM. It was cheap and clean. By the way, I have seen westerners also taking their food from here. Or try the Thai food at the corner, one order will cost you 7 RM.

chinatown boutique hotel is at the end of this street after Tang city food center

There is a good chinese pastry shop very near to hotel lobby, beside Tang City Food Center.



From here, you can walk to Central market for less than 10 minutes. Merdeka Square and Masjed Jameek were also within walking distance.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to any budget  traveler especially if you intend to shop. You can easily go to Sungei wang Plaza from here, even by teksi. I won't elaborate Petaling Street shopping anymore, you may check my Petaling Street post: Petaling Street - Chinatown

After 4 nights, it was time to start my train trip to Bangkok. I went to KL Sentral from Pasar Seni LRT station which was a mere 10 minutes walk from my hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment