Sunday, July 6, 2014

Shadi Home - Bangkok City



My wife and I booked a double room for two nights at Shadi Home last January while shopping for our online shop and waiting for my Yemen work visa. I paid through Agoda 33.33 USD per night with complimentary breakfast.

The price for walk-in or extension is a bit higher. I paid 36 USD (1200 THB) per night when I extended for another week due to unexpected problem encountered by my company in processing my Yemen visa.

The place is great due to its proximity to Airport Link Ratchaprarop station. Moreover, there are a few good places to eat and massage parlors along the same street though quite pricey. There is a good laundry shop nearby as well.

A 7-eleven shop beside the hotel's entrance can be very helpful in case you need some midnight snack or even alcohol shots.

However, we found it quite far from the main Pratunam market and Platinum mall.

The Egyptian staffs at the reception are courteous and very helpful. The guy even helped us booked a Siam Niramit show through an agent.

tummy filling breakfast or "brunch"

Regarding the complimentary breakfast at the lone restaurant at the entrance, my wife called it as complimentary brunch since the foods served daily can be considered as lunch too. You may select from several viands to go with rice. There was a time I even had spaghetti as breakfast. By the way, the foods being served here are Halal foods or fit for Muslim. It seemed that this hotel mainly caters to Muslims.

my lovely room mate

huge toilet with sliding door

hallway outside the rooms

The room is being cleaned daily while two bottles of water are being replenished too. There is a small fridge, flat screen and veranda. The room is quite spacious with huge toilet and bathroom. Even so, don't expect great view since the hotel is located in the middle of residential area.

To add, as expected in any hotel in Bangkok, wifi is quite fast and taxi is readily available outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment