Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hoang Hai Long 1 Hotel - HCMC, Vietnam

I stayed 6 nights in this hotel and paid 202.50 USD to Agoda. Inclusive of free and fast wifi and breakfast for 2.

I checked-in few days earlier before my wife arrival. The hotel is known to taxi drivers even from the airport. Unfortunately, the airport taxi tends to charge you more than the meter fare and airport parking fee, although it is still cheaper compared with our own airport taxi in Manila.

There are several Hoang Hai Long hotels in the same area. The Hoang Hai Long 1 is called as hotel "A". I entered initially the newest Hoang Hai Long hotel which I believe was called as hotel "D". Nevertheless, they are all interconnected through the main restaurant.

They offer buffet breakfast in their restaurant at the backside of the main lobby. The menu has decent daily variety such as spring rolls, soup, dim sum and noodles aside from the all-time favorite eggs and sausages. After a full day's of sight-seeing and shopping, we usually take our dinner in this restaurant. It offers great ambiance and cheaper price.

The tiled room is quite spacious with an old-school TV and limited cable channels, small fridge and a bedside lamp. Water heater/boiler is also provided inside the room and bottled water is being replenished daily. I wonder why some hotels are providing both wall mounted electric fan and split type a/c in the same room. This is the second time I have seen a hotel room with both a/c and electric fan.

The towels have seen their days. The T&B is as usual small and with working hot shower, nothing special or fancy though. Bedding were clean but old especially the duvet or comforter.


The reception staff have good command of English and approachable. You can even book daily tours in their tour desk. We booked one day tour which includes Chu Chi tunnels, Cao Dai temple and a quick visit to handicraft shop where disabled person were employed. Additionally, I booked my bus trip from HCM city to Phnom Penh city, Cambodia in the same tour desk.

At sunset, a makeshift bar appears in front of Hoang Hai Long hotels. I never tried taking my alcohol shots from here. I preferred to buy canned beers and consume them in my hotel room.

The hotel is strategically located inside Ho Chi Minh City. It is two blocks away from Ben Thanh market and walking distance to Reunification Palace and other places of interest such as Notre Dame church and Post Office.

Stayed in this hotel from 21 to 27 February 2012.

1 comment: