Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thai Cozy House - Khao San Road, Bangkok City

Actually, this hotel is located two streets away from the famous Khao San Road. No worries about its location since it will take you a mere three minutes of stroll to reach Khao San.

Khao San has been known as Backpackers' Mecca hence we shouldn't be surprised to notice that countless hostels abound within this area. You'll find private rooms or hotels as well but at higher cost.

Fortunately, while waiting for my work visa, I stumbled on net Thai Cozy House that charges 20 USD per night for a single occupant room with free breakfast and wifi. I booked for several nights then extended my stay at cheaper rate.

Having stayed in much worse rooms in other Asean cities it may come as no surprise that unpleasant or mildew odor swarm the old hotels and guesthouses; fortunately the smell was bearable in my room though I realized afterwards that my clothes also emanate the same smell upon reaching my work place. It was obvious that this hotel had seen its days. Furthermore, the windowless room has thin walls thus noise coming from the hallway and other rooms can easily awaken any light sleepers.

Aside from having a private room with your own T&B the hotel offers an advantage by being far away from the hustle and bustle of Khao San road. More so, Sanam Luang Park, Wat Po, Grand Palace are walking distance from here assuming you have sturdy legs; don't ask the ladies to thread to these places if you don't want them to go ballistic. You have been forewarned.

my American breakfast

For 20 USD per night you get daily housekeeping, bottled water and basic toiletries. Wifi is a hit and miss even at the lobby area. You can choose from American and local breakfast. I heard that they are not providing free breakfast anymore.




The tiled room is quite spacious though the T&B was the opposite; hot shower is available. The dated bed offers minor comfort. A small fridge and an old-school TV comprise the creature comfort of this musky room.

hall way outside my room

Upon check-in you will be asked to pay a 500 THB key deposit refundable on check-out. The staffs were helpful and polite as well. By the way, they were renovating some areas when I was there late last year. I hope they were able to remove the unpleasant smell.

If you value your privacy then this hotel is unbeatable considering its price and location. 




No comments:

Post a Comment